Research activities have been structured according to the following work packages (WP):
- WP2 addresses issues related to the vulnerability understanding and assessment of the vulnerability of urban areas or systems.
- WP3 deals with failure modes and the assessment and identification of weak spots in urban flood defences.
- WP4 investigates cost-effective construction technologies and concepts for improving the performance of existing and new flood defences and for increasing the flood resilience of urban systems and assets
- WP5 supports integration the research and newly developed knowledge into existing decision support models or systems, the production of industry guidance and the interaction and integration of pilot site studies across Europe.
- The dissemination and stakeholder-involvement activities are addressed under WP6 whilst WP1 comprises all activities related to the management of the consortium.